The Guild commends the best work of its members in a series of awards judged by travel industry professionals.
The categories are:
- best destination article under 850 words
- best UK feature
- best European feature
- best overseas feature
- Kenneth Westcott Jones memorial award for best transport feature
- award for excellence in blogging
- Adele Evans award for best guidebook
- best narrative travel book
- BGTW travel photographer of the year
- BGTW travel writer of the year
The awards are given at the annual Guild dinner, which is traditionally held just before the World Travel Market. The 2016 award winners were announced at the dinner on 2 November at the Savoy hotel.