Members of the British Guild of Travel Writers will:
- Report objectively and fairly, with the aim of keeping the public fully and clearly informed on all relevant aspects of travel.
- Accept facilities necessary for work offered to the press only on the understanding that they are in no way obliged to publicise any or all of the operation concerned and that the provision of such facilities will not influence their judgement.
- In all matters appertaining to their professional status, conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and do nothing to bring the reputation of the Guild into disrepute.
- Not accept any work in the fields of publicity, promotions or public relations for travel-related organisations if it compromises the good standing or integrity of the Guild.
- Accept that any infringement of these rules may, at the discretion of the Committee, preclude them from membership of the Guild.