1. Who we are
- 1.1 We are British Guild of Travel Writers (BGTW). Our office address is British Guild of Travel Writers, 335 Lordship Road, London, N16 5HG.
2. How we collect information
- 2.1 We collect your information at guild events and through our website and membership.
- 2.2 In general, we will only collect the information we need to provide you with the service to which the form relates.
- 2.4 Where we ask for more information to help us improve our services or to allow us to provide advice, your response is voluntary and you are free not to provide us with more information if you would prefer not to do so.
3. Storage of information
- 3.1 We take the security of your information very seriously, and require our partners to do the same.
- 3.2 Your information will be stored on our web server and we will keep our own backup copy. We may also store your information in a digital format and on paper at our offices. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- 3.3 You have a statutory right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a fee, which is currently £10. Requests must be made in writing to the BGTW office at the address stated in ‘Who we are’ above.
- 3.4 If you wish to be removed from our database, you can do so by emailing or writing to the BGTW office at the address stated in ‘Who we are’ above.3.5 You can edit your profile and the data we hold at any time on our website.
4. What we use your information for
- 4.1 We will use your information to complete the project, initiative or service for which purpose you originally provided it to us.
- 4.2 We will use your contact information (email address, postal address, telephone number and/or mobile telephone number), to contact you to about Guild news and related events.4.3 We will not share your information with any other organisation.
- 4.4 If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact BGTW via email on email@example.com. If you have a complaint or an issue to raise, please contact the BGTW office above.
5. With whom we may share your information
- 5.1 a web hosting company who process information on our behalf
- 5.2 The information we hold is subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and may be disclosed, in limited circumstances, under the FOIA.
- 5.3 We will not transfer any information we collect from you outside the European Economic Area (the EU member states, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) without your permission or as permitted by law.
6. What if I’m aged 16 or under
- 6.1 If this applies to you, please get your parent’s / guardian’s permission before you supply us with any personal information.
- 7.2 Further information about data protection issues including the Register of Data Controllers can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
8. General provisions
- 8.1 All of your information will be maintained by BGTW in accordance with law.
- 8.2 We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please always let us know if you think it is not.