Each year, the British Guild of Travel Writers organises two prestigious awards schemes: the BGTW International Tourism Awards and the
BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards.
Information coming soon about the 2020 Awards.
About the BGTW Awards
Launched 40 years ago as the Silver Otter Award, the BGTW International Tourism Awards scheme recognises excellence in tourism projects in three categories:
- Best UK and Ireland Tourism Project
- Best Europe Tourism Project
- Best Wider World Tourism Project
The BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards recognises the best in travel writing, photography, blogging and broadcasting. For 2019, the categories will be:
- Best UK Travel Feature
- Best Europe (non-UK) Travel Feature
- Best Wider World Travel Feature
- Best Transport Feature – The Kenneth Westcott-Jones Award
- Best Short-Read Travel Feature
- Best Travel Guidebook – The Adele Evans Award
- BGTW Blogger of the Year
- BGTW Broadcaster of the Year
- BGTW Photographer of the Year
- BGTW Writer of the Year
This year’s awards will be presented at the BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner, which takes place on Sunday 3 November at The Savoy hotel in central London.
For more information about the awards, click the buttons below:
Buy tickets or be a sponsor
Individual tickets, or tables of 10, 11 or 12 are available for purchase. If you would like buy tickets or explore sponsorship opportunities, please contact the BGTW Secretariat – click the button below.
Last year’s awards dinner
The 2018 BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner was kindly sponsored by the Balearic Islands Tourist Board (comprising Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera).