Each year, the British Guild of Travel Writers organises two prestigious awards schemes: the BGTW International Tourism Awards and the BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards.
About the BGTW Awards
Launched over 40 years ago as the Silver Otter Award, the BGTW International Tourism Awards scheme recognises excellence in tourism projects, this year in four categories:
- Best UK and Ireland Tourism Project
- Best Europe Tourism Project
- Best Wider World Tourism Project
The BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards recognise the best in travel writing, photography, blogging and broadcasting. For 2022 there are 13 categories:
- Travel Feature of the Year – UK
- Travel Feature of the Year – non UK
- Travel Feature of the Year – regional and specialist media
- Specialist Travel Feature of the Year – The Bryn Frank Award
- Transport Feature of the Year – The Kenneth Westcott-Jones Award
- Travel Guide Book of the Year
- Travel Narrative Book of the Year – The Adele Evans Award
- Travel Photo Feature of the Year
- Travel Blog Post of the Year
- Travel Broadcast of the Year
- BGTW Travel Blogger of the Year
- BGTW Travel Broadcaster of the Year
- BGTW Photographer of the Year
- BGTW Travel Writer of the Year
- BGTW Award for Outstanding Contribution to Travel Journalism – The Dr Melissa Shales Award
The winners of the 2022 awards will be announced at the BGTW Annual Awards that will take place in central London on 6 November 2022, on the eve of World Travel Market London. Details of that event will be announced very soon.
In the meantime, we’re looking for travel-related organisations and businesses that would like to partner with us, either through sponsorship or as event and awards supporters. To find out more, click on the sponsor button below.