Each year, the British Guild of Travel Writers organises two prestigious awards schemes: the BGTW International Tourism Awards and the BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards.
About the BGTW Awards
Launched over 40 years ago as the Silver Otter Award, the BGTW International Tourism Awards scheme recognises excellence in tourism projects, this year in four categories:
- Best UK and Ireland Tourism Project
- Best Europe Tourism Project
- Best Wider World Tourism Project
- The Armchair Award
The BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards recognise the best in travel writing, photography, blogging and broadcasting. For 2019, the categories were:
- Best UK Travel Feature
- Best Europe (non-UK) Travel Feature
- Best Wider World Travel Feature
- Best Transport Feature – The Kenneth Westcott-Jones Award
- Best Short-Read Travel Feature
- Best Travel Guidebook – The Adele Evans Award
- BGTW Blogger of the Year
- BGTW Broadcaster of the Year
- BGTW Photographer of the Year
- BGTW Writer of the Year
The 2020 awards categories will be announced shortly.
This year’s awards will be presented at the BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner – in partnership with Tenerife Tourism, which takes place on Sunday 1 November at The Savoy hotel in central London.
For more information about the awards, click the buttons below:
Buy tickets or be a sponsor
Individual tickets, or tables of 10, 11 or 12 are available for purchase. If you would like buy tickets or explore sponsorship opportunities, please contact the BGTW Secretariat – click the button below.
Last year’s awards dinner
The 2019 BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner was kindly sponsored by Rocky Mountaineer.