The BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards (MEA) recognise the very best work of members in travel writing, photography, blogging and broadcasting, in a series of awards judged by UK and international travel industry professionals.
The proposed categories for 2020 are:
- Travel Feature of the Year – UK
- Travel Feature of the Year – non UK
- Travel Feature of the Year – Regional and Specialist Media
- Specialist Travel Feature of the Year – the Bryn Frank Award
- Transport Feature of the Year – The Kenneth Westcott-Jones Award
- Travel Book of the Year – The Adele Evans Award
- Travel Photo Feature of the Year
- Travel Blog Post of the Year
- Travel Broadcast of the Year
- BGTW Travel Blogger of the Year
- BGTW Travel Broadcaster of the Year
- BGTW Photographer of the Year
- BGTW Travel Writer of the Year
The MEA 2020 will be launched at the end of April 2020.
Members submit their best work for judging. The judging panel comprises a wide range of national and international travel editors, photographers, bloggers and broadcasters, including members of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) and the Australian Society of Travel Writers (ASTW).
In each category the judges look for a combination of creativity, originality and quality, identifying a shortlist of up to six entries in each category. This list of finalists is announced at the start of October.
The winners are announced at the BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner. This takes place at The Savoy hotel in central London at the start of November, and on the eve of World Travel Market.
If you’re a BGTW member and would like to submit your work for this year’s MEA, please log in to the Members’ section of the website and click on the awards tab. Full details of each award, entry criteria and how to enter will be found there once the MEA 2020 is launched.
For more information about the BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner, how to buy tickets, or to look at sponsorship opportunities, click here: BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner.