Details of the MEA 2022 will appear here shortly.
The BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards (MEA) recognise the very best work of members in travel writing, photography, blogging and broadcasting, in a series of 13 awards judged by UK and international travel industry professionals.
The categories are split into two groups:
The first nine awards recognise a member’s individual piece of work.
- Travel Feature of the Year – UK
- Travel Feature of the Year – non UK
- NEW for 2020 – Travel Feature of the Year – Regional and Specialist Media
- NEW for 2020 – Specialist Travel Feature of the Year – the Bryn Frank Award
- Transport Feature of the Year – The Kenneth Westcott-Jones Award
- Travel Book of the Year – The Adele Evans Award
- NEW for 2020 – Travel Photo Feature of the Year
- NEW for 2020 – Travel Blog Post of the Year
- NEW for 2020 – Travel Broadcast of the Year
Four awards recognise a member’s wider skill set through a portfolio of four items.
- BGTW Travel Blogger of the Year
- BGTW Travel Broadcaster of the Year
- BGTW Photographer of the Year
- BGTW Travel Writer of the Year
Members submit their best work for judging. The judging panel comprises a wide range of national and international travel editors, photographers, bloggers and broadcasters, including members of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) and the Australian Society of Travel Writers (ASTW).
In each category the judges look for a combination of creativity, originality and quality, identifying a shortlist of up to six entries in each category. This list of finalists is announced at the start of November.
The winners are usually announced at the BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner but the winners of the 2020 Members’ Excellence Awards were announced online during the BGTW Really Big Reveal: bgtw.org/2020-mea-winners.
Buy tickets or be a sponsor
The BGTW Members’ Excellence Awards are given out at the BGTW Annual Gala Awards Dinner. Individual tickets, or tables of 10, 11 or 12 are available for purchase. If you would like buy tickets or explore sponsorship opportunities, please email the BGTW Secretariat.