Thank your for your interest in joining the BGTW! Before you apply, please check that you meet our criteria:
– You are a freelance or staff travel writer, blogger, editor, photographer, videographer or broadcaster working solely or primarily in travel
– You live in the UK or Ireland, or hold a UK or Irish passport, or write for British travel publications
– You have not worked in PR in the past 12 months
– In each of the past three years, you have produced one or a combination of:
- 12 articles (as either writer or editor)
- one guidebook or travel book (as either writer or editor)
- 40 published photographs
- 60 minutes of broadcasted video or audio
- a blog that is updated at least fortnightly on average and has at least 2,000 visitors a month, as to be demonstrated by Google Analytics
We will of course consider applicants that believe they would be suitable members even if they do not exactly meet the criteria above.
If you believe you qualify, please enter your details below to apply.
A full membership subscription costs £160 per year, plus a £50 admin fee for the first time your join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you would like to know more about the benefits of joining the British Guild go Travel Writers, go to bgtw.org/why-join.
If you want to read about the Guild, our members and our code of conduct, go to bgtw.org/about.